USDN Equity Diversity Inclusion Fellowship
The Urban Sustainability Directors Network (USDN) is pleased to offer seven summer 2019 fellowship opportunities with local governments. Fellows will receive a valuable learning experience while helping local governments to advance their sustainability and inclusion goals.
2019 fellowships were offered with the City of Baltimore (MD), City of Cleveland (OH), City of Dubuque (IA), City of Fort Collins (CO), Iowa City (IA), City of Philadelphia (PA), and City of Vancouver (BC). These links contain more information on the scope of each available fellowship.
The application period is now closed.
- A living wage or higher for the fellowship location
- Full-time employment over the summer (12 weeks, start date TBD by host and fellows)
- The experience of working in a local government sustainability program on a well-defined project that advances a community’s sustainability and equity goals
- A project that is inclusive of underserved and under-represented communities and responsive to their needs and priorities
- Mentorship from Desiree Williams Rajee and participation in a national learning cohort of USDN EDI fellows.
- Access to all USDN member discussions and products
- Free attendance at the October 2019 USDN annual meeting (lodging, flight, meals, and the opportunity to meet with more than 200 sustainability professionals from across North America - expenses paid)
- Membership in an informal network of past and current EDI fellows
PAST PROJECT EXAMPLES:
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP:
For additional information, please email USDN at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Download complete information packet »
Download the application form (CLOSED) »
USDN Staff Support Team